Role of Fans and Blowers in the Food Industry
The elimination of contaminants is a primary concern in the food and beverage industry. Every aspect, including food packaging to storage to retail sale, must adhere to stringent safety guidelines to safeguard human health as well as ensure legal compliance. This is utmost important when processing and storing different types of food and beverages as most of them are perishable and have a restricted shelf life. Also, many foods are susceptible to contamination and bacterial as well as fungal infestation and growth. Safety guidelines for storing and processing foods vary with each food product type. However, good ventilation is a must to keep the foods from perishing due to moisture or mold growth. Several businesses follow guidelines that concern air circulation, drying, cooling, and exhaust for keeping their products safe. To fulfill today’s increasing demand for food safety, ovens, ventilation systems, exhaust, and so on have fans and blowers to prevent overheating and spoilage. Fans and blowers are widely used to get done the job at maximum efficiency. In addition to this, these devices are constructed from materials that do not harbor bacterial growth. Isn’t it enough? Obviously not. Would you like to know the varied applications of fans and blowers in the food industry applications? If that sounds yes, then read this post till the end.
Noticeable Applications of Fans and Blowers in the Food Industry
Fans and blowers are a crucial part of the food industry through direct and indirect appliances. Indirect appliances include ovens, refrigerators, grinders, and so on. Ventilation as such helps in enhancing the shelf life and safety of the food items and also ensures the foods are not contaminated. Owing to their beneficial features, these devices are used in the following areas.
- Drying: This method of food prevention inhibits mold, yeasts, and bacterial growth through the removal of water. For example, drying keeps food products, including fruits, vegetables, meat fresh and dry for a long time. Centrifugal fans with high air pressure capacity are widely used for the dehydration process.
- Material Handling: When it comes to industrial material handling, it means the process of using air to convey bulk materials from source to destination point. To produce high pressure, clean steam of air, fans and blowers are widely used. These devices are capable of carrying materials in bulk, such as grains, flours, cereals, sugar, and so on.
- Cooling and Refrigeration: The food industry encompasses a variety of processes, and cooling and refrigeration are imminent. Cooling is mainly required for products that do not freeze well. Refrigeration is mainly required for foods such as fruits, vegetables, and meat. On the other hand, bread, flour, and cereals need a uniform circulation of air. To fulfil this demand, fans and blowers are used. Cooling is one important preparation process. Food needs to be cooled to room temperature before sending for storage or packaging. Here, industrial fans and blowers are extremely useful to distribute air uniformly.
- Fumes Extraction System: Fumes and high temperatures can cause problems to workers near ovens and cooking lines. Thus, it is important to have fans and blowers as part of exhaust systems installed nearby to push the fumes outside of the room.
- Storage and Packing: Efficient packaging of the product demands high-pressure industrial fans for creating a vacuum into containers or any storage types before the end products are filled into them. Different types of products demand different storage requirements. For instance, some products need refrigeration, while others require cooling and drying. Different types of fans and blowers are used to supply the required air to the products.
By now you may have got some idea regarding the applications of fans and blowers in the food industry. The quality of these products makes a significant difference. Therefore, it is important to source these ventilation products from a reliable, trustworthy manufacturer like Sofasco. With years of industry experience and skilled employees, the company specializes in manufacturing and supplying a variety of fans and blowers such as Crossflow fans, AC blower fans, DC blowers, axial flow fans, and much more.