Sofasco international is a designer, manufacturer and distributor of high quality, cost effective , RoHS, certified DC cross flow fans (volts 12V, 24V, 48V) in a variety of brush and brushless motors. We maintain facilities in USA and China. Impellers range in size from 25mm to 43mm in diameter and from 76mm to 360mm in length for brushless models. DC brush model impellers are available in 60mm diameter and 321mm in length. The 180° Air Flow Inlet brush models are available in impeller diameters of 32mm and lengths ranging in size from 105mm to 290mm. Cross flow units generate a flow of air parallel to the unit being cooled, insuring greater efficiencies and lower noise ratios when compared with axial fans. The fan’s motor location can be changed from the right side to the left side by the factory at the customer’s request. Additional modifications allow two impellers to be mounted to a single motor, one impeller on either side of the motor housing. 3rd wire options are also available on all cross flow fans: signal-rotation detection, signal-frequency generator function as well as temperature control for operating environments where noise and temperature are a consideration. Various speeds are also available.
Click on the model below for specifications, and Order On-line
Cross flow fans are type of fans which deliver uniform air flow. Also known as tube axial fans or tangential fans, these fans find a large application in industries as well as electrical and electronic appliances. There are AC as well as DC cross flow fans. DC fans have the electric current moving unidirectional, and this is one of the major differences between AC and DC motors for these fans. These fans generate a flow of air as required in a parallel direction to the device which needs cooling. Sofasco International is a well-known DC cross flow fan manufacturer, designer, and distributor. We make RoHS certified and cost effective DC cross flow fans with brush and brushless motors in various configurations and air flow rate ranges.
Features of DC Cross Flow Fans by Sofasco
We offer several models of DC cross flow fans with unique features in each of the models. Here are some common features of our DC cross flow fans.
- Motor Type: We offer DC brush and brushless motors for these fans.
- Housing: We offer metal housing, mostly of aluminum.
- Impeller: Our impellers range from 25mm to 43mm in diameter and 76mm to 360 mm in length depending upon the model. The 180° Air Flow Inlet brush models are available in impeller diameters of 32mm and lengths ranging in size from 105mm to 290mm.
- Bearings: We offer ball bearings for our DC cross flow fans.
- Voltages: Our DC cross flow fans are available in potential difference of 12, 24, and 48 volts.
- Operating Temperature: The operating temperature range for these fans is from 0°C to + 45°C.
- Dielectric Strength: The dielectric strength of these fans is 5mA Max. at 500 VAC for 1 minute.
- Insulation Resistance: Our tube axial fans have an insulation resistance of 10M Ω min. @500 VDC.
Along with specified features and it is essential to ensure the performance of squirrel cage blower fans. Although Sofasco International manufactures the DC cross flow fans in compliance with industry standards, the operational performance parameters and theoretical performance parameters may differ. Therefore, our fan design and manufacturing process follows the fan law of air volume, fan law of pressure, and fan law of power consumption and then are tested for operational performance parameters. We put efforts in getting operational performance parameters as close as possible to the theoretical parameters. Therefore, Sofasco International ensures the performance quality of our squirrel cage fans by maintaining the following performance quality parameters.
Performance Quality Parameters of DC Squirrel Cage Blower Fan
The following parameters help improve the performance quality of DC cross flow fans.
- Bearing Quality: Bearings are the foundation of squirrel cage blower fans. Good quality bearing enhances the efficiency of the DC squirrel cage blower, as it secures the impeller axle against abrasion and external resistance. Therefore, we ensure the bearing quality. Our squirrel cage fans feature ball bearings. The ball bearing of our DC cross flow fans is tested for 60000 hours of the lifecycle. The bearings are fatigue tested for the said duration. This ensures the foundational stability of our squirrel cage fans.
- Fan Blade/Impeller Design: Fan blade or impeller design is another impactful performance parameters. Squirrel cage fans are recognized for hamster wheel-like design in which the impeller shape, size, and aerodynamic features are very important. The impeller design is directly responsible for airflow rate and static pressure. Therefore, Sofasco ensures impeller design in inward and outward curve design. As the blades of centrifugal fans demand higher surface area for a draw and push forward the air or gases, the design is performed in a result-specific manner. Fan blade arrangement is another factor that impacts performance. Therefore, we assemble the fan considering meticulous configurations like blade angle, aerodynamic flow direction, etc.
- Mechanical Parameters: Industrial fans comprise moving components, which are prone to internal friction, fatigue, etc. Due to the same reason, the fans are always under operational and non-operational stresses. Therefore, we maintain the mechanical properties of the fan to the utmost industrial standards, so that the fans do not suffer accidental malfunction or breakdown.
- Air Flow Rate: Industrial applications demand squirrel cage fans with varying airflow rates. Our DC fans perform under several inputs to output conditions, therefore, are suitable for varying airflow rates. For example, 50 CFM at zero back pressure, 75 CFM under marginal backpressure, and so on. We custom design the fans for specific static pressure, dynamic pressure, and airflow rate requirements.
- Housing: Industrial fans are exposed to harsh industrial environments. Therefore, these fans are all-time exposed to moisture, heat, dust, oil, chemicals, etc. Our fans are enclosed in a metal housing, which protects them from rusting, chemical reaction, heat-caused hot spots, etc.
- Noise Reduction: Noise generation in the DC fan system is a sign of ill-performance. We design the fans in a specific manner to ensure a reduction in noise generation.
- Heat Dissipation Rate: Moving components and brushed or brushless DC motors in the fan lead to internal heat generation in the DC cross flow fans. This dissipated heat can create hot spots and heated cavities on the fan components. Therefore, we test out fan components and especially impellers for a thermal profile. Since dissipated heat can cause damage to the fan in several ways, we design the fan for safe and uniform heat distribution.
Benefits of DC Cross Flow Fans
There are many beneficial features of DC cross flow fans, and we offer added features to make them better. Here are some of benefits of these fans:
- Cross flow units generate a flow of air parallel to the unit being cooled, insuring greater efficiencies and lower noise ratios when compared with axial flow fan. We also offer speed variation to suit your requirements.
- They are designed to be durable and can resist corrosion and harsh environments.
- Our fans have temperature control features and can also restrict the motor from overloading. The location of the motor can be changed from the right to left side on customer’s request.
- They are mostly lightweight, easy to use, and low on maintenance.
- Some additional modifications may involve mounting two impellers on a single motor, with one motor on each side of the motor housing.
- We offer 3rd wire options for our fans in terms of signal-rotation detection, signal-frequency generator function as well as temperature control for operating environments.
Applications of DC Cross Flow Fans
DC cross flow fans are useful in industrial environments where temperature and noise are concerning factors. These tube axial fans are find applications in the following areas:
- Manufacturing units
- Computers and network servers
- Telecommunication devices
- HVAC systems
- Electrical appliances
As a known and trustworthy DC cross flow fan manufacturer, we assure you the best product quality and service. Our fans are RoHS compliant and we provide IP21 rating on special request. If you are looking for DC cross flow fans for your manufacturing applications or electronic devices, do go through the features and specifications of our various models of DC cross flow fans. In case you require any further information or have technical queries, you can contact us on phone or email.