Sofasco International designs, manufactures and distributes quality, cost effective , RoHS, certified DC axial blower fans (voltages 12v, 24v) in a wide range of performance characteristics, materials, and functionalities ranging in size from 75mm to 120mm. The product line includes high performance matched with quiet, high, medium and low speed DC blowers, including dustproof and waterproof (IP 54 & IP 55), blowers as well as serial units for increased airflow in high static pressure enclosures. Optional 3rd wire signal rotation detection, 3rd wire signal frequency generator and thermistor temperature control is available upon request.
Click on the model below for specifications, and Order On-line
DC blower fans are the ones that feature a circular impeller, which is enclosed in a cage. This design allows blower fans to create a concentrated airflow in high-pressure conditions. The fans pull air from the sides and release it at a 90° angle. DC blower fans are centrifugal blowers that utilize impellers to increase the volume of airflow. These blowers assure radial air displacement, where the direction of airflow changes during the input to output phases. Sofasco International provides industrial DC blower fans in a wide range of performance characteristics, functionalities, and materials.
Features of Industrial DC Blower Fans Provided by Sofasco
As a DC blower fan manufacturer with an experience of more than two decades, we are aware of the industry trends and changing customer requirements. We can provide these blower fans in standard and customized configurations. The following are a few common features of our blower fans.
- Sizes: The DC blower fans are available in sizes from 75mm to 120 mm, which makes them an ideal choice for various industrial applications.
- Material: The impeller and housing is made of UL94V-0 plastic. However, the lead wire is made of UL1571AWG#28 or Equivalent (+) Red, (-) Black.
- Bearings: These DC blowers can be availed with ball bearings or sleeve bearing options.
- Operating Voltages: The DC blower fans can be availed in a wide range of operating voltages ranging from 12V to 48V.
- Expected Life: Owing to their durable construction, the expected life of ball bearing and sleeve is 70,000 hours and 30,000 hours respectively, when operated at 40°C.
- Operating Temperature Range: Our DC blower fans are suited for a wide range of temperatures. They are ideal for operating temperature range of -10°C~70°C. They can be stored in a temperature range of -40°C~70°C (non-condensing).
- Environmental Sealing: We can provide these industrial blower fans in IP54 and IP55 sealing options.
- Customization: We can provide a wide range of optional features such as 3rd wire signal rotation detection, 3rd wire signal frequency generator, and thermistor temperature control, and so on.
Benefits of DC Blowers
Our DC blower fans find application in a wide range of industrial segments owing to several benefits offered by them. The following features will help you understand it better:
- Centrifugal blowers combined with our efficient blowers assure superior performance in demanding applications.
- They provide constant air displacement at a constant speed. This helps assure consistent air velocity even if the mass flow rate differs.
- Combining high efficiency with compact design, these DC blowers produce less heat, which helps maintain their performance for a long time.
- Another important factor is that these fans can be easily customized to deliver better industrial or commercial air movement.
Applications of DC Blower Fans
Our blowers produce high pressure required by high impedance systems. We design and manufacture DC blower fans for the following applications:
- Network Servers
- Telecommunication Systems
- Medical Systems
- Automotive Applications
Selecting the Right Industrial DC Blower Fan for Your Applications
Industrial blower fans are used in several industrial applications. The DC blowers are found in everything from computer devices to exhaust ducts. Certainly, the application range of industrial DC blowers is large, so is the range of their specifications. Therefore, when it comes to the selection of DC blower fans for a specific industrial operation, the process becomes confusing. These DC blower fans must be selected according to the requirements of the application. Following are some guidelines from Sofasco to help you select DC blower fans for specific industrial applications, considering all selection factors.
- Flow rate and Flow resistance: The airflow rate is an important consideration for any cooling device. Many times, DC fans are used for cooling computers and electronic devices. These devices have low airflow rate requirements but for exhaust applications in industrial firehouses, higher airflow is demanded. Therefore, one must consider the airflow rate. The flow resistance must be considered equally since it impacts the flow rate. The fans with a minimum obstruction like filters, ductworks, etc must be selected to minimize the flow resistance.
- Heat Generation: DC blowers are sensitive to temperature, especially the brushless ones. As the heat increases, the risk of internal electronic damage of the blower increases. Therefore, one must consider temperature-centric factors like the amount of heat generation, amount of heat dissipation, operating temperature range, storage temperature range, etc. The industrial DC blower fan must pose low internal heat generation and higher heat dissipation.
- Operating Point/Parameters: The DC blowers act against some operating parameters like backpressure. This is because backpressure and other influencing factors exert pressure on the blower housing, impellers, and adjacent bearings. This may cause the abrupt failure of the DC blower. Therefore, the fan one selects must be designed for minimum backpressure buildup, consistent airflow, and efficient bearing capacity.
- Shock/Impact Resistance: The DC blowers are installed in mechanical HVAC systems. Harsh environmental conditions, electric current, exceeded air pressure, backpressure, and other external forces may impact the performance of a industrial DC blower fan. This can dent or break the blower exterior and interior, therefore, the selected fan must have high impact resistance.
- Bearing Quality: Bearing contamination is one of the main causes of the failure of DC blowers. The bearings are installed at the footing or mounting of the blower. They act as stubborn support, shock, or vibration absorbers, etc. However, these bearings can generate heat as they are exposed to friction. The friction might scar the bearing surfaces, which eventually impacts the bearing lifecycle. If the bearing fails, the whole DC blower assembly collapses, therefore a fan with high-quality bearing must be selected.
- Noise and Vibration Resistance: Although industrial DC blowers are recognized for low noise generation and dust immunity, the noise generation circumstances cannot be ruled out completely. The DC blowers are exposed to vibrations due to the presence of moving mechanical components. The vibration causes noise, therefore, the fan design must be resistant to vibration and noise generation.
- Design and Dimension: DC blowers are used for compact electronics and also for large-scale industrial HVAC systems. Therefore, the dimensional requirements of these blowers differ according to the applications. Therefore, keeping the applications in mind, one must select a suitable dimension yet the compact and flexible design of the DC blower fan.
Over the years, we have invested in technology and people. This has helped us become one of the trusted and popular DC blower fan manufacturers in the US. All fans are designed and manufactured at our well-equipped facilities in the US and China. This helps us assure the quality of the products that we sell. We provide customized solutions that enable us to stay true to our commitment of serving customers according to their requirements. For more details regarding any of the industrial DC blowers listed here or for queries regarding customization and selection, you can get in touch with our team today.